Applications are invited for a Post-doctoral Fellowship (PDF)
- The applicants must be Indian nationals with a Ph.D degree from a reputed institute/university
- All applications are to be submitted in the online portal at https://pingala.iitk.ac.in/IITKFR-0/login. All the default entries in the online portal have to be satisfied.
- The results of applications received till 15th Aug 2019 are likely to be known by end of November 2019 (this date is tentative and may be revised).
- The cover letter should mention the topic of research, name(s) of preferred mentor(s) at IIT Kanpur, and the names and complete contact details of 3 referees (including the main thesis advisor). The application should contain the full name, present and permanent address, date of birth, full details of educational qualifications, list of journal publications, list of conference publications, and a well thought-out research plan for 2 years. It is a good practice to contact the mentors and find out their willingness before submitting their name.
- The selection will be based on the quality of research work and the quality of publications, IITK mentor’s recommendation on the research plan, seminar (skype/in person) if found suitable, and a minimum of two reference letters (only for those short-listed after seminar). Applicants are also expected to have an impeccable academic record borne out by marks/grades in their pre-PhD education.
- Applicants who have recently submitted /defended their thesis will be preferred. At any rate, applicants with more than 3 years of post-doctoral experience will not be considered for this call.
- For those who have already defended their thesis, a maximum of one month time is given for joining after announcing the result. Those who have submitted the thesis and awaiting the defense are given one month time after their defense to join for the position
- Post-doctoral position consists of a fellowship of Rs.60,000 per month + 16% of the fellowship amount as HRA for off-campus accommodation + Rs.1,00,000 per year for travel and contingency.
- Each appointment will be made initially for a period of one year, and it may be extended for a second year subject to satisfactory performance.
- The post-doctoral fellows will be encouraged to participate in the departmental teaching activities such as being a tutor (with an involvement of a maximum of 8 hours per week) subject to Senate-prescribed conditions.
- Candidates with a Ph.D degree from IIT Kanpur or post-doc experience from IIT Kanpur will not be considered for these vacancies.
- Applicants in experimental disciplines are especially encouraged to apply.
- If there are any further queries, interested applicants may write to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as “Post-doctoral queries”.