Post – 01
Applications are invited for a Post-doctoral Fellowship (PDF)
- All applications are to be submitted in the online portal at https://pingala.iitk.ac.in/IITKFR-0/login
- The results of applications received till 5 th January 2019 are likely to be known by 31 st March 2019 (this date is tentative and may be revised).
- The cover letter should mention the topic of research, name(s) of preferred mentor(s) at IIT Kanpur, and the names and complete contact details of 3 referees. The CV should contain the full name, present and permanent address, date of birth, full details of educational qualifications, list of journal publications, list of conference publications, list of 3 best journal publications with impact factors, and a research plan (1-2 pages).
- The selection will be based on the quality of research work and the quality of publications, seminar (skype/in person), a minimum of two reference letters (only for those short-listed after seminar), and the IITK mentor’s recommendation on the research plan. Applicants are also expected to have an impeccable academic record borne out by marks/grades in their pre-PhD education.
- Applicants who have recently submitted /defended their thesis will be preferred. At any rate, applicants with more than 3 years of post-doctoral experience will not be considered for this call.
- For those who have already defended their thesis, a maximum of one month time is given for joining after announcing the result. Those who have submitted the thesis and awaiting the defense are given one month time after their defense to join for the position.
- Post-doctoral position consists of a fellowship of Rs.60,000 per month + 16% of the fellowship amount as HRA for off-campus accommodation + Rs.1,00,00 per year for travel and contingency.
- If there are any further queries, you may write to email@example.com