Post – 01
Applications are invited for a Post-doctoral Fellowship (PDF)
- All applications are to be submitted in the online portal at https://pingala.iitk.ac.in/IITKFR-0/login
- The results of applications received till 5 th January 2019 are likely to be known by 31 st March 2019 (this date is tentative and may be revised).
- The cover letter should mention the topic of research, name(s) of preferred mentor(s) at IIT Kanpur, and the names and complete contact details of 3 referees. The CV should contain the full name, present and permanent address, date of birth, full details of educational qualifications, list of journal publications, list of conference publications, list of 3 best journal publications with impact factors, and a research plan (1-2 pages).
- The selection will be based on the quality of research work and the quality of publications, seminar (skype/in person), a minimum of two reference letters (only for those short-listed after seminar), and the IITK mentor’s recommendation on the research plan. Applicants are also expected to have an impeccable academic record borne out by marks/grades in their pre-PhD education.
- Applicants who have recently submitted /defended their thesis will be preferred. At any rate, applicants with more than 3 years of post-doctoral experience will not be considered for this call.
- For those who have already defended their thesis, a maximum of one month time is given for joining after announcing the result. Those who have submitted the thesis and awaiting the defense are given one month time after their defense to join for the position.
- Post-doctoral position consists of a fellowship of Rs.60,000 per month + 16% of the fellowship amount as HRA for off-campus accommodation + Rs.1,00,00 per year for travel and contingency.
- If there are any further queries, you may write to email@example.com
Post – 02
Applications are invited for the post of Project Associate for a period of 6 Months to start with, in the PLANEX/PHY/2015239 sponsored project entitled “Investigation of Stratified Turbulence and its Applications to Planetary Atmospheres”. The appointment is purely temporary and on contractual basis.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application with curriculum vitae containing information regarding their degrees in an envelop superscribed with “Application for the post of Project Associate”. The application should reach Prof. Mahendra K. Verma, Department of Physics, FB-384, Academic Area, IIT Kanpur-208016 by 14th October 2018. Applicants who do not meet the minimum qualification will not be called for the interview. Only hard copies of applications will be entertained. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
The period of appointment may be extended based on requirement.
Position : Project Associate (01 post)
Salary : 18000-1500-45000
Eligibility : BTech or MSc.
Desirable : The candidate should have strong knowledge and experience in C, C++, Python and Parallel programming. The candidate should have good knowledge of fluid / buoyancy driven turbulence, computational fluid dynamics and should have the ability to apply various numerical schemes and methods like Multigrid, Spectral, Finite difference etc. Knowledge and familarity with visualization software like Visit, Paraview, Tecplot etc. is recommended.
Last date for applying: 14th October 2018
Address for communication:
Prof Mahendra K. Verma,
Department of Physics,
FB-384, Academic Area,
IIT Kanpur – 208016